MCBRIDE'S MAYHEM




Monday, June 26, 2017

GENERATION X






So I have to give kudos to the National Geographic Channel.  I have been watching their show Generation X.

Now I’ve gone through my life knowing that I’m different, weird some might say, but I’ve always known it.  I’m a creative genius – well genius is stretching it – but I am creative and always have been as far back as I can remember.  My mom used to tell me stories about when I was a kid and all the weird things I did, like in kindergarten I would finish my work and go around helping all the other kids in the class do their work – teacher’s pet – to make sure everyone did it right.  Even then I wanted everyone to be successful.  Go figure!


Back to my earlier point – Generation X.  Generation X is for those born between 1961 to 1981.  We are, as Christian Slater says, somewhere in between the baby boomers and the millennials.  The show goes through everything that has happened in my lifetime.  To think I was around before the internet, CD players, video games, and Amazon….LOL.  Space invaders on the Atari system was my favorite video game, and yes I had a Walkman cassette player too.  I’ve seen a lot of things, and who knows what else I will see change/happen before I die.  



 


Honestly, now I know why I’m so different – I’m a member of Generation X and that’s kind of awesome.


Sloan


 

No comments:

Post a Comment